|Product:||Highly Concentrated Anhydrous Acetic Acid Glacial||Synonym:||Glacial Acetic Acid|
|Molecular Formula:||C2H4O2||Molecular Weight:||60.05|
|CAS No.:||64-19-7||HS Code:||2915211900|
|Packing:||IBC Tank||Application:||Chemical Synthesis|
Chemical Synthesis Anhydrous Acetic Acid,
C2H4O2 Anhydrous Acetic Acid,
Transparent industrial acetic acid
Highly Concentrated Anhydrous Acetic Acid Glacial Ready in Stock for Chemical Synthesis
> Industrial Grade
> Purity 99.5% Min.
> CAS No. 64-19-7
> Drum/IBC tank/ISO tank
> HS Code 2915211900
> For Pharmaceutical, Textile dyeing, Rubber industry
Acetic Acid Applications
> Drugs & Dyes
> One-stop service
> High quality products
> Professional marketing team
> Stable long-term contract supply
> Short lead time with storage at tank in port
> Served hundreds of customers in 10+ countries
Glacial acetic acid is corrosive and can cause burns to the skin and eyes. It is also flammable and should be stored in a cool, dry place away from heat or open flames. When using glacial acetic acid, be sure to wear appropriate protective clothing, such as gloves and eye protection. If you come into contact with the substance, immediately flush the affected area with water for at least 15 minutes. Seek medical attention if necessary. Despite its dangers, glacial acetic acid is a versatile substance with many uses. It is an important ingredient in the production of vinegar, as well as other household and industrial cleaning products. It can also be used as a laboratory reagent, or to produce acetate fibers or other chemicals. Pharmaceutically, it is commonly used as a topical antibiotic that treats infections caused by bacteria.
Acetic Acid for Chemical Synthesis
1. Used to synthesize cellulose acetate. Cellulose acetate is used in photographic film and textiles. Before the invention of cellulose acetate film, photographic film used to be made from nitrates, and there were many safety concerns.
2. Used as a solvent for the synthesis of terephthalic acid. Paraxylene is oxidized to terephthalic acid. Terephthalic acid is used to synthesize PET, which is widely used to make plastic bottles.
3. Widely used to react with various alcohols to synthesize esters. Acetate derivatives are widely used as food additives.
4. Used to synthesize vinyl acetate monomer. This monomer can then be polymerized to form poly(vinyl acetate), also commonly known as PVA. PVA has a wide range of applications, from medicine (due to its biocompatibility to nanotechnology (as a stabilizer) to papermaking).
5. It is used as a solvent in many organic catalytic reactions.
Technical indicators (Industrial Grade)
|Test Items||Standard Indicator||Test Result|
|Class I||Class II|
|Chroma (Pt-CoNo./Hazen) <=||10||10||5|
|Purity (Acetic Acid, ω/%) >=||99.8||99.5||99.8|
|Water (ω/%) <=||0.15||0.20||0.08|
|Formic acid (ω/%) <=||0.03||0.05||0.01|
|Acetaldehyde (ω/%) <=||0.02||0.03||0.01|
|Propionic acid (ω/%) <=||0.05||0.08||0.03|
|Iron/Fe (ω/%) <=||0.00004||0.0002||0.00003|
|Evaporation residue (ω/%) <=||0.005||0.01||0.0003|
|Permanganate-reducing time(min.) >=||120||30||120|
Acetic Acid for shipment
Acetic Acid for Chemical Synthesis
1. Are you a distributor or factory?
We are a distributor and we have long-term contacts with factories well-known in the industry
2. How do you control the quality?
Factory testing and Third-party testing
3. Can you supply samples for testing?
Free samples but freight collect
4. What about the lead time?
We can make the shipment in 7-12days after deposit or order confirmation
5. What documents you provide?
SDS, Commercial Invoice, Packing List, Bill of loading, Health certificate and Origin certificate